New Opportunities for Adventure Arrive Daily
Please contact a member of our Recruiting Team to learn more!
Dallas, TX 75235
WalkerHealthcare, an industry leader in the placement of Nursing and Allied Health professionals nationwide has an immediate need for a talented Pathologist Assistant for a 6-month assignment!
Pathologist Assistant is required to possess the following experience:
- 2 years as a Pathologist Assistant under the supervision of a board certified anatomic pathologist (AP)
- Well-versed in complex surgical tissue dissection, selecting appropriate tissue for microscopic examination
- Background in compliance with departmental procedures for infection control, safety, universal precautions, and hazardous material handling
- Training and supervision of assigned staff, ensuring compliance with all specimen accessioning and gross examination procedures.
- Deep understanding of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the Pathology area
Required Degree, Licensure, and Certifications:
- Bachelor or Master’ s degree in laboratory science
- Successful completion of NAACLS accredited Pathologists’ Assistant program.
Role and Responsibility:
- Assures correct accessioning of all surgical specimens and correct submission of tissue cassettes for processing.
- Ensures complete, accurate, and timely dictation of pathology gross descriptions.
- Communicates case information clearly and thoroughly.
- Stringently verifies patient demographics on all cases.
- Provides day to day oversight of the Gross Room, maintaining instrumentation, equipment, lab supplies, cameras, and work area in a clean, orderly, functional manner.
- Assists with the instruction and orientation of residents to procedures and techniques of basic specimen handling, grossing, and dictation of routine biopsies, and use of Anatomic Pathology equipment.
- Provides support for pathologists’ and residents’ teaching activities related to gross specimen examination.
- Provides support to Autopsy Services as requested.
- Follows internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans.
Benefits and Incentives:
Our employees receive amazing company provided benefits and incentives including:
(certain eligibility rules apply)
- Weekly Pay via Direct Deposit
- Generous Housing Allowance
- Company Provided Liability Insurance
- Licensure and Certification Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Candidate Referral Bonuses
- Completion Bonuses
- Loyalty Bonuses
WalkerHealthcare is the preeminent Clinical Staffing firm in the United States. Our Clinical and Allied Health professionals deliver exceptional patient care, exceeding the expectations of the hospitals and healthcare facilities we serve. Our commitment is unwavering, going well beyond what is expected, ensuring successful outcomes for our Client partners and their patients.
Whether you are seeking assignments in nursing or allied health, WalkerHealthcare is well positioned to provide an abundance of attractive, high-paying assignments to choose from.
Contact our Recruiting Team today to learn more about the WalkerHealthcare difference!