New Opportunities for Adventure Arrive Daily
Please contact a member of our Recruiting Team to learn more!
Neurodiagnostic / EEG Technologist
Dallas, TX 75235
WalkerHealthcare, an industry leader in the placement of Nursing and Allied Health professionals nationwide has an immediate need for a talented Neurodiagnostic / EEG Technologist for a 13-week assignment!
Neurodiagnostic / EEG Technologist is required to possess the following experience:
- Must have two (2) years of technical (EEG) experience.
- Experienced in Epilepsy Monitoring.
- Performing routine and complex Neurodiagnostic procedures for patients as directed, providing physicians diagnostic tools with which to treat patients.
- Must be able to perform routine EEG procedures independently.
- Possess the ability to distinguish EEG abnormalities and respond appropriately.
- Capable of learning advanced EEG procedures.
- Possess strong communication skills necessary in handling difficult and severely ill patients.
- Handle stressful situations effectively.
- Demonstrated history of patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Required Degree, Licensure, and Certifications:
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network
- Prefer registration by the American Board of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET).
- Willing to cover evening and weekend shifts
- Responsible for the performance of routine Neurodiagnostic procedures for use by physicians as a diagnostic tool. May perform complex Neurodiagnostic procedures as skills advance.
- Maintains electrodes, reviews and edits patient data to provide interpretable results. Completes all paperwork.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with other employees, physicians, patients and family members.
- Responsible for stocking supplies and preparing test areas. Maintains and troubleshoots equipment as skills advance in order to ensure effective operations.
- Follows established infection control guidelines.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Benefits and Incentives:
Our employees receive amazing company provided benefits and incentives including:
(certain eligibility rules apply)
- Weekly Pay via Direct Deposit
- Generous Housing Allowance
- Company Provided Liability Insurance
- Licensure and Certification Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Candidate Referral Bonuses
- Completion Bonuses
- Loyalty Bonuses
WalkerHealthcare is the preeminent Clinical Staffing firm in the United States. Our Clinical and Allied Health professionals deliver exceptional patient care, exceeding the expectations of the hospitals and healthcare facilities we serve. Our commitment is unwavering, going well beyond what is expected, ensuring successful outcomes for our Client partners and their patients.
Whether you are seeking assignments in nursing or allied health, WalkerHealthcare is well positioned to provide an abundance of attractive, high-paying assignments to choose from.
Contact our Recruiting Team today to learn more about the WalkerHealthcare difference!