New Opportunities for Adventure Arrive Daily
Please contact a member of our Recruiting Team to learn more!
Pathologists' Assistant (Contract)
Dallas, TX 75235
Pathologists’ Assistant (Contract)
Earn up to $2, 750 per week on this 26-week assignment!
Pathologists’ Assistant (Contract) is required to possess the following experience:
- 2 years as a Pathologist Assistant under the supervision of a board-certified anatomic pathologist (AP)
- Well-versed in complex surgical tissue dissection, selecting appropriate tissue for microscopic examination
- Background in compliance with departmental procedures for infection control, safety, universal precautions, and hazardous material handling
- Deep understanding of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the Pathology area
- Must be able to distinguish color
Required Degree, Licensure, and Certifications:
- Bachelor or Master’ s degree in laboratory science or a related science from a regionally accredited university.
- Must be certified as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Successful completion of National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS) accredited Pathologists’ Assistant program.
- $1, 500 Completion Bonus
- Assignment will be 40 hrs. per week for 13+ weeks
- Flexible to start in the early to mid-mornings (7a-9: 30a) working 8 hr. shifts
- Assures correct accessioning of all surgical specimens and correct submission of tissue cassettes for processing.
- Ensures complete, accurate, and timely dictation of pathology gross descriptions.
- Communicates case information clearly and thoroughly.
- Stringently verifies patient demographics on all cases.
- Maintain instrumentation, equipment, lab supplies, cameras, and work area in a clean, orderly, functional manner.
- Assists with the instruction and orientation of residents to procedures and techniques of basic specimen handling, grossing, and dictation of routine biopsies, and use of Anatomic Pathology equipment.
- Provides support for pathologists’ and residents’ teaching activities related to gross specimen examination.
- Provides support to Autopsy Services as requested.
- Follows internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans.
Our employees receive amazing company provided benefits and incentives including:
- Weekly Pay via Direct Deposit
- Generous Tax-free Allowances
- Licensure and Certification Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Numerous Bonus Programs
*certain eligibility rules apply
WalkerHealthcare is the preeminent Clinical Staffing firm in the United States. Our Clinical and Allied Health professionals deliver exceptional patient care, exceeding the expectations of the hospitals and healthcare facilities we serve. Our commitment is unwavering, going well beyond what is expected, ensuring successful outcomes for our Client partners and their patients.
Whether you are seeking assignments in nursing or allied health, WalkerHealthcare is well positioned to provide an abundance of attractive, high-paying assignments to choose from.
Contact our Recruiting Team today to experience the WalkerHealthcare difference!